Ventolin belongs to the drug which name is bronchodilators, and it treats the symptoms of asthma and other breathing related problems. Do you have to know that why is it used?
It is used for two reasons that are mentioned below:-
- It is used for helping the airways which is in your lungs and with the help of this it stays open, and you can easily breathe.
- Due to this, you are also getting relief from the symptoms of the coughing, wheezing, and tightness of the chest.
The ventolin medication is used to treat the other breathing problems which are facing by the people even children also. People who use the medication, they should know that how to take ventolin carefully and safely.
How to use the Ventolin?
You have to follow all the instructions and directions that are given by the doctor. When you are going to use it, then these instructions will be beneficial. If your inhaler is new and you have not used it for 5-6 days or more than that, then you have to shake it well for 5-10 seconds.
You should not put the mouthpiece in your mouth. First, you should spray for at least two times in the air.
How much to take?
In the leaflet, you will get all information related to their use, and you should follow it. In that, you should know that how much to take it and if you are unable to understand it then you should ask from your doctor or pharmacist.
- For adults and children, they take one or two inhalers when they required. In the beginning, you have to start with the lower dosage. An elder person must start with the lower dosage of the medication.
- If you have severe chest condition, then your doctor tells you that how many times you should take the inhalers. If your condition becomes severe and with the high dosage you are not getting any result then must contact your doctor.
- Visit your doctor on a regular basis to check that you are using the medication in the right way or not. After taking the medication if you are not breathing properly then you don’t get any result.
- If you don’t take the regular dosage of the medication, then there is no need to worry. You have to take your next dosage if you become wheezy and tightness of the chest.
These are some important facts which you should know if you are going to take Ventolin inhalers carefully.